April 25, 2019 May 4: WSU Tri-Cities to confer 352 degrees
RICHLAND, Wash. – Washington State University Tri-Cities will confer 352 degrees at its commencement ceremony beginning at 1 p.m. on Saturday, May 4, at the Toyota Center, 7000 W. Grandridge Blvd. in Kennewick.
Doors open at noon. The event is free to the public and tickets are not required.
Among those degrees, 308 bachelor’s degrees will be conferred, 32 master’s degrees and 12 doctoral degrees.
Washington state Sen. Sharon Brown will present the keynote address.
Chancellor Sandra Haynes will present the welcome address and introductions and recognitions. Zachary Harper, president of the Associated Students of WSU Tri-Cities, will present the graduate greeting. Kathleen McAteer, interim vice chancellor for academic affairs, will conduct the presentation of graduates.
Six students were selected to carry gonfalons, which are colorful banners that represent each of the academic colleges, based on their academic excellence. Those students include:
- Alex Arteritano, College of Agricultural, Human and Natural Resource Sciences
- Megan Brauner, College of Arts and Sciences
- Ivan Chavez, Carson College of Business
- Olga Maria Sandoval Zazueta, College of Education
- Danielle Young, Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture
- Megan Christie, College of Nursing
Kayla Stark, WSU Tri-Cities alumna, will sing the national anthem.
WSU Tri-Cities’ commencement ceremony will also be livestreamed on YouTube at www.youtube.com/WSUTriCities.
For more information, visit tricities.wsu.edu/commencement.