RICHLAND, Wash. – Individuals are encouraged to nominate distinguished female students, staff, faculty members, alumnae or community members who have made notable contributions to the Washington State University Tri-Cities campus through service, teaching or involvement.
The deadline to nominate for WSU Tri-Cities’ Women of Distinction program is March 26. Individuals should submit their nominations at https://tricities.wsu.edu/women-of-distinction/.
“We have incredible female leaders and mentors here at WSU Tri-Cities and in the community that both move the university forward and make our region, state and nation a better place,” he said. “I’m excited to welcome nominations for our next class of talented and distinguished female individuals who continue to set an incredible example in our community.”
The selection committee welcomes nominations of women who meet some or all of the following criteria:
- Exhibits leadership in her discipline or area of expertise
- Serves as role models and/or mentors to other women
- Advocates for positive social change that helps close the leadership gap and create a more equitable society
- Demonstrates a commitment to the missions of WSU Tri-Cities
- Demonstrates a commitment to social justice and inclusion
- Has earned respect within their communities
- Supports policies, practices, attitudes, and/or actions that are intended to produce equitable outcomes for all
- Gives back to the community through their time, talent, and/or resources
The honorees will be recognized at a photo exhibition and opening reception at 4 p.m. on Friday, April 20, 2018, in the CIC Art Gallery.