January 14, 2021 Nominate individuals for WSU Tri-Cities Women of Distinction by Feb. 4
By Maegan Murray, WSU Tri-Cities
RICHLAND, Wash. – Individuals are encouraged to submit nominations for the Washington State University Tri-Cities Women of Distinction Awards by Feb. 4, which recognizes campus or community members who have made notable contributions to the campus through service, teaching or involvement.
The award is presented to four distinguished individuals each year, which meet some or all of the following criteria:
- Exhibits leadership in her discipline or area of expertise
- Serves as a role model and/or mentors to other women
- Advocates for positive social change that helps close the leadership gap and create a more equitable society
- Demonstrates a commitment to the missions of WSU Tri-Cities
- Demonstrates a commitment to social justice and inclusion
- Has earned respect within their communities
- Supports policies, practices, attitudes, and/or actions that are intended to produce equitable outcomes for all
- Gives back to the community through their time, talent, and/or resources
“This is a great opportunity to honor distinguished woman leaders and mentors who have made a meaningful impact on the campus and regional Tri-Cities community,” said Jaime Heppler, WSU Tri-Cities senior director of development. “With the hardships that have ensued within the last year, this is a fantastic opportunity to pay tribute to those who have gone above and beyond.”
To submit a nomination and for more information, visit tricities.wsu.edu/women-of-distinction.
WSU Tri-Cities will host a virtual award ceremony that takes place from 5 p.m. – 6 p.m. Thursday, March 11, at youtube.com/wsutricities to honor the selected individuals, as well as those nominated for the award.
This year, the WSU Tri-Cities Women of Distinction Committee is also raising funds to start a new Women of Distinction Scholarship that will benefit future students. Individuals can pledge a donation amount within the Women of Distinction nomination form.