In the event of a hazardous materials incident:
- Evacuate the immediate area (typically, the impacted laboratory)
- From a safe place, call Environmental Health and Safety by using the campus emergency line, 372-7234
- Report the chemical name, amount of material released, and the location of the incident.
- If there are injuries, fire, or explosion, call 911.
- Do not touch any of the spilled substance, inhale any gases, fumes or smoke.
- Do not return to the impacted area until given an all clear indication from emergency personnel and/or WSU Alert.
If you discover a spill of unknown material, treat it as a hazardous material. Evacuate the area and contact Environmental Health & Safety.
WSUTC Environmental Health and Safety
Washington Department of Health