WSU Tri-Cities Campus Safety Committee
This committee represents the campus as a whole, including representatives from each department, Laboratory, and Center which does not have a Unit-Level Safety Committee, each Unit-Level Safety Committee, the ASWSU student body, and the Chancellor’s Chief of Staff or executive-level designee. CSC responsibilities will include:
- Review accident investigations to determine if the cause(s) of unsafe conditions have been identified and corrected.
- Evaluation of student and employee safety concerns and suggestions
- Review of concerns forwarded from Unit-Level Safety Committees
- Referral of significant concerns and make recommendations to the Chancellor’s Executive Committee on Campus Safety.
- Coordination of annual safety inspections for departments which do not have a Unit-Level Safety Committee
- Dissemination of safety & health inspection report information from Unit-Level Safety Committees as it relates to campus-wide safety.
- Interface with campus Environmental Health and Safety to ensure implementation of health and safety regulations
- Promote and publicize safe behavior on campus
The Safety Committee will meet six times a year to discuss safety concerns and prevention plans. The committee also coordinates annual department safety inspections, and may review accident investigation reports to determine whether corrective actions are needed.All campus employees must be represented on the Campus Safety Committee. Representatives from each department shall be elected annually. One representative from ASWSU, the Chancellor’s Chief of Staff, and the Director of Facilities shall be Ex-Officio non-voting members of the Campus Safety Committee. Once elected, representatives will be identified below. Campus Safety Committee meetings will be held at least six (6) times per year (bimonthly), and last no more than one (1) hour unless extended by a majority vote. Minutes must be recorded and will be made available to all employees via physical posting and publication on this website.