A CUBS mentor is a guide and resource who paves the way to Tri-Cities Carson College of Business undergradate student success. Your role as mentor is to engage, encourage, and support your mentee, and to contribute to their professional, ethical, and personal development.
We welcome mentors from all areas of business. To participate in the program you must:
Be a business professional with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
Have the ability to commit 5 hours of your time (total) in a five month mentoring period.
Have the ability to commit to your role as a professional mentor and share your professional experiences and insights with your mentee.
To participate in the program you must be available and willing to commit fully to the program for one semester
Approximate Time Commitment: 6 hours total depending on availability
Required activities/steps include:
Have at least three meetings with your student mentee, including one face-to-face meeting. A Zoom or extended phone meeting may be substituted for one in-person meeting.
Be in regular contact with your student mentee between meetings.
Complete an Online Evaluation at the end of the program.
1. Commit time for the mentoring process and follow through on all scheduled appointments.
2. Invite the mentee to meetings or activities, as appropriate.
3. Be flexible on meeting times and places and structure meetings with planned topics.
4. Respond to phone calls, emails or texts from your mentee in a timely manner.
5. Keep CUBS admin or the student informed if there is going to be a delay or change in scheduling a meeting.
6. Keep information that your mentee has shared with you confidential.
7. Provide honest and timely feedback to your mentee.