Students develop an Internship Proposal using the Internship Proposal template. The Internship Proposal serves two purposes:
- it provides general information about the internship
- it articulates learning goals for the internship
NOTE, the Internship Proposal must be completed, submitted, and approved before the internship work may start!
In the Internship Proposal, students:
- describe their planned internship thoroughly
- include contact information for themselves and their internship supervisor
- provide location, dates, duration, and location of the internship
The internship goals should be expressed in the form of a plan that will provide students with work-site learning, to justify the credits that will be earned in CptS 490. The learning plan should describe the proposed professional development that should take place during the internship, with a focus on the acquisition of specific skills and abilities, such as learning a new programming language and/or a programming paradigm.
The completed Internship Proposal must be submitted by e-mail in PDF format to the Internship Coordinator.