Summer Session

Summer FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions


I dropped my summer course - don't I get a refund?

If you dropped before the drop deadline then you are entitled to a full refund for your summer course. If you dropped after the drop deadline and received a grade “W”, you are responsible for full tuition and fees for the course.

I dropped my course AFTER the drop deadline, but I think I am owed a refund. How do I request one?

You may complete a petition to request an exception to a missed academic deadline with the Office of the Registrar. Please keep in mind that this form is for students with extenuating circumstances that prevented them from making a deadline AND that documentation must provided for full consideration.

There is a late fee on my account for Summer Session. Can I request to have it waived?

You may petition to have your late fee waived by completing the late fee petition form.

I never attended my class, but I am still being charged full tuition and fees. What should I do?

You may complete a non-attendance petition to have your summer course dropped. In order to be eligible for a non-attendance petition, you must have never attended any meetings or completed any course materials.

Tuition & Fees

How much is my tuition?

Undergraduates: Coming Soon

Graduates: Coming Soon

When is my tuition due?

There are 3 different tuition due dates; your due date will be based upon the start date for your course. All 12-week courses, independent studies, and internships will be due on the first tuition due date.

I can’t pay my tuition; can I set up a payment plan?

Summer Session does not offer a payment plan. However, we only issue 3 late payment penalty fees that total no more than $99 ($33 each). Many students choose to pay for Summer as they are able and simply absorb the $99 in late fees as their “payment plan”.

What happens if I don’t pay my tuition?

You will be responsible for full tuition and fees plus whatever late fees may incur. There will also be 2 holds placed on your account:

1) Registration hold: will prevent you from registering in future terms until your account is current.

2) Transcript hold: will prevent you from being able to order a transcript.

Will you drop me out of my classes if I don’t pay my tuition?

No, WSU does not drop students from their courses or withhold their grades due to nonpayment.

There are late fees on my account, but I don’t think I should have to pay them. How can I request they be removed?

You may complete a Late Fee Petition. They are reviewed weekly by committee; you will be contacted with results.

How do I know which courses have additional fees?

Visit and click on the “course fees” link in the navigation menu.

Adding & Dropping Courses

How do I register for Summer Session?

If you are a continuing student, you simply sign up for your summer courses via your myWSU account similar to the way you do for Fall/Spring.

If you are not a current WSU student, you must first apply to the university.

How do I drop a course?

Dropping a course is the same process during the Summer as it is during the Fall/Spring term.

If I drop a course, will it be on my transcript?

If you drop before the drop deadline it is called a “drop without penalty”,which means there will be no record of this course on your transcript.

If you drop after the drop deadline it is called a “drop with penalty” and a record of withdrawal will be present on your transcript.

Where can I find the drop deadlines?

The drop deadlines are published on the Summer Session website. You can also find the drop deadlines for your courses in myWSU by clicking on the calendar icon next to the course description in your student center.

What are the deadlines for Summer Session?

Drop deadlines vary by course. Be sure to check your course’s deadlines early!

I am trying to drop my class, but when I hit “finish” I receive an error that dropping this course will put me below the minimum enrollment requirement. What does that mean and how do I drop this class?

Students are not able to drop their last course in any term via their myWSU account; in order to drop out of the last course you are enrolled in you must complete a cancellation of enrollment request. You can cancel your enrollment by visiting or by clicking on the “cancel enrollment” link on your myWSU homepage.

If I cancel my enrollment for the Summer, will that effect my Fall enrollment?

No, a cancellation is only effective for the current term. You will remain enrolled in your Fall courses.

Financial Aid

Can I get financial aid for the Summer?

Summer aid is awarded on a funds availability basis. Many students are eligible for summer aid; meet with a financial aid advisor to determine your eligibility.

What’s the minimum number of credits I need to be considered for summer financial aid?

Undergraduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of six total credit hours during Summer Session to receive Summer Financial Aid. Graduate/Professional level students must be enrolled in a minimum of three total credit hours.

Can I use my Fall financial aid to pay for the Summer?

No, Summer financial aid is awarded separately and only summer aid can be used to pay for summer.

How do I apply for Summer aid?

If you are a current WSU student and are receiving aid for the current year, you do not need to apply for aid. Once you have registered in the minimum required credits for full-time status, your award will be automatically packaged and you will be notified.

If you are not a current WSU student OR you are not receiving aid for the current year, you will need to complete a FAFSA for the current year. Once your FAFSA is on file and you have registered in the minimum required credits for full-time status, your award will be automatically packaged and you will be notified.

Check out the summer 2019 schedule…