Advising & Registration
Advising is currently taking appointments for students who have accepted their admission. You will receive a phone call about setting up an appointment, or feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at 509-372-7035.
Helpful information for Advising
- Take the Math Placement if you are not transferring in a college level math (WSU Math 105 or higher)
- Schedule and take the Writing Placement if you are not transferring in college level English Composition (English 101)
- If you are currently in classes this fall quarter, bring unofficial transcripts to your advising appointment (you are still required to send WSU final, official transcripts)
- Register and take the Timed Write for the University Writing Portfolio (highly encouraged for transfer students)
Register for the Writing Placement on January 4th (required in order to take English 101)
Register for the Timed Write on January 4th (required for the University Writing Portfolio)
New Student Orientation is a program for all new students (freshman and transfer) to learn valuable resources to assist in their transition into the campus community. Sessions will cover academic resources, ways to be involved on campus, and provide opportunities to interact with faculty and staff who will be engaged in your overall success.
Please remember, there is a $100 mandatory orientation fee that will be charged to your student account. The fee covers the cost of:
- Peer mentor for the semester
- First year experience programs to assist with your transition during your first semester
- and other giveaways!
This fee will be added to your student account. Your financial aid can cover this cost if you get financial aid that exceeds the cost of tuition. In order for this to happen, you must grant student permissions for financial aid.
- Log in to your myWSU account here
- From the main menu select the Financial Accounts tile
- Account services has three tabs that show direct deposit, student permission and bank accounts
- Select the “student permission” tab to grant permission for financial aid