COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions

Student Accounts

How do I make a payment to my student account?

With WSU Tri-Cities starting the fall 2020 semester virtually due to COVID-19, there are some normally in-person processes that will be conducted a bit differently than in semesters past, including making payments to your student account and accessing the Cashier’s Office.

There are two options for making payments electronically through MyWSU:

Payments may be made with a credit card or an electronic check.
View step-by-step instructions for making electronic payments

* Note that payments made with a credit card are subject to a 2.5% fee, while payments with an electronic check are not.

If electronic payments are not an option for you, you may also submit your payment in the form of a check or money order via mail to:

Attn: Student Accounts
2710 Crimson Way
Richland, WA 99354

*Be sure to include your WSU ID# in the notes section on the check or money order.

If none of these options are possible for you:

Email Kathy Harper at and we can discuss alternative arrangements. Individuals can also email to set up an appointment.

The Cashier’s Office is also taking virtual appointments through their virtual help desk. Access the Cashier Virtual Help Desk. The hours for the Cashier Virtual Help Desk are 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Important dates for Fall 2020:

If tuition and mandatory fees are not received at WSU by:

  • WSU is waving the first 3% fee that was to be assessed after Sept. 8
  • Wednesday Sept. 22, 2020 | An additional 5% will be added
  • Thursday Oct. 7, 2020 | An additional 7% will be added

*Tuition is due on the first day of class; assessment of late fees for unpaid tuition will begin on the dates listed. Fees are cumulative; accounts will be assessed a fee on each deadline that the balance remains unpaid.

Are you experiencing hardship?

Contact the WSU Tri-Cities Financial Aid to see what options are available to you at

Hardship funds are also available for students. Apply to receive hardship funds or contact the Office of Student Affairs at