There are two options for making payments electronically through MyWSU:
Payments may be made with a credit card or an electronic check.
View step-by-step instructions for making electronic payments
* Note that payments made with a credit card are subject to a 2.5% fee, while payments with an electronic check are not.
If electronic payments are not an option for you, you may also submit your payment in the form of a check or money order via mail to:
Attn: Student Accounts
2710 Crimson Way
Richland, WA 99354
*Be sure to include your WSU ID# in the notes section on the check or money order.
If none of these options are possible for you:
The Cashier’s Office is also taking virtual appointments through their virtual help desk. Access the Cashier Virtual Help Desk. The hours for the Cashier Virtual Help Desk are 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Important dates for Spring 2021:
If tuition and mandatory fees are not received at WSU by:
- Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2021 – a late fee of 3% will be added
- Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2021 – an additional 5% fee will be added
- Thursday, March 4, 2021 – an additional 7% fee will be added
* Tuition is due on the first day of class; assessment of late fees for unpaid tuition will begin on the dates listed. Fees are cumulative; accounts will be assessed a fee on each deadline that the balance remains unpaid.
Are you experiencing hardship?
Contact WSU Tri-Cities Financial Aid to see what options are available to you at firstname.lastname@example.org.