Academic Reinstatement WSU Tri-Cities

Academic Reinstatement at WSU Tri-Cities


Referencing Academic Regulations 38, 39, 40 and 43

Washington State University (WSU) expects students to make satisfactory academic progress toward their degree objectives. Undergraduate students are in good academic standing if both their current WSU semester and cumulative grade point averages are 2.00 or above. Students not meeting these requirements are considered academically deficient.

Please select one of the following options (Former or Current Tri-Cities Student)

→ I was enrolled during the 2014 Fall semester and my semester and/or cumulative grade point average was below a 2.0 for the first time.

When grades post on 12/24/2014, you will be notified if you need to complete Reinstatement under Academic Regulation 38. Please check your grades, student account, portal notices and preferred email address for instructions on how to complete the process.

Current Student Application is now closed

The Current Student reinstatement application for Spring 2015 is closed.

You may apply as a former student returning for the summer and fall 2015 terms.

→ I have not attended WSU for one semester or more. The last time I was enrolled, my semester and/or cumulative grade point average was below a 2.0.

The Former Student reinstatement application for Summer/Fall 2015 is open.

If you are unsure which Rule you are deficient under, please read the explanations about Rules 38 and 39:

Explanation of Rule 38

Undergraduate students whose semester (excluding summer session) or cumulative grade point average drops below a 2.0 for the first time must apply for reinstatement to continue their enrollment at Washington State University. Students are placed on academic probation after reinstatement. Certified majors on academic probation may be decertified by the academic department.

Explanation of Rule 39

Undergraduate students are dismissed from the university after the third semester (excluding summer session) in which the cumulative grade point average is below 2.0. Individuals who are dismissed from the university may not enroll in courses at WSU, including online and courses on any WSU campus, for two full academic semesters. Dismissed individuals will also not be able to seek status as a “non-degree seeking student.”

Rule 40

Former students may seek reinstatement after two semesters by completing the academic reinstatement petition process. Former students petitioning for academic reinstatement must, as part of the reinstatement petition process, provide documentation that demonstrates potential for academic success at WSU. If seeking reinstatement after more than two semesters, former students must also apply for readmission to the university through the Office of Admissions. All academic coursework from other institutions completed during dismissed status must be documented and official transcripts submitted to the Office of Admissions.