Acceso a La Ciencia/Access Science is designed to increase the number of rural Washington State Latino Students who pursue STEM degrees in college.
The project has intellectual merit through its strategic and novel deployment of informal and community and educational resources. The project will inform and empower Latino parents with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to help their children achieve success in Science and Math in school and gain access to college.
Acceso a la Ciencia/Access Science targets Latino families who reside in the Yakima Valley, Tri-Cities and Columbia Basin.
- Yakima Valley/Tri-Cities MESA (Math, Engineering, Science Achievement)
- Pacific Science Center
- Washington State University Tri-Cities
- KDNA Educational Radio
- And other committed community organizations in the Tri-Cities and surrounding area
- Develop a sustainable informal science infrastructure in Southeastern Washington to serve families and schools.
- Increase involvement of Latino students and families in informal science education opportunities.
- Increase of the number of Latino students pursuing STEM-related undergraduate studies.