Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will be involved in the practice of engineering or in pursuit of graduate studies.
- Graduates will perform successfully as members of professional teams in the global
- Graduates will function professionally and continuously improve their professional skills.
Student Learning Outcomes
The desired outcomes of the BSME program are that every student graduating from this program should demonstrate the following:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.