Program Educational Objectives
- Our graduates are involved in the practice of engineering or in pursuit of graduate studies.
- Our graduates perform successfully as members of professional teams in the global arena.
- Our graduates function professionally and continuously improve their professional skills.
Student Learning Outcomes
The desired outcomes of the BSME program are that every student graduating from this program should demonstrate the following:
- Firm foundation and knowledge of mathematics, statistics, science and engineering principles and the ability to apply this knowledge for solving problems.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments and the ability to analyze the data, interpret results and draw conclusions.
- Ability to design thermal and mechanical components, systems or processes to meet desired needs and imposed constraints.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve problems encountered in the practice of mechanical engineering.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand the global and societal impacts of engineering decisions.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for mechanical engineering practice.