To provide a broad education in mechanical engineering that prepares our students for being successful in professional practice and advanced studies.
- Educate graduates for professional leadership, civic influence, and lifelong learning.
- Provide an education based on a theoretical, experimental, and ethical foundation and enhanced by opportunities for participation in research, internships, international studies, interdisciplinary programs, or programs in entrepreneurship.
- Conduct research and develop technology to address present and future societal problems.
- Advance the state-of-the-art in areas incorporating technical disciplines from mechanical engineering.
- Collaborate with researchers from other disciplines to address societal grand challenge problems.