Undergraduate Admissions applications can be found online at: www.tricity.wsu.edu/admission/ or you can contact the Admissions Office by email at email@example.com or call 509-372-7250.
Transfer Students When you transfer into the Mechanical Engineering degree program, our goal is to help you reach your goal. In that respect, you will be advised into the next set of classes in your degree program for which you have pre-requisites by your Undergraduate Academic Advisor, Renee Smith. Grades for your transferred classes must meet department policy requirements.
Graduate An application to the Graduate School must be submitted, this can be found online at www.gradschool.wsu.edu/. The application to the Graduate School requires:
In addition to the Graduate School application, the school requires GRE scores. There is no minimum score requirements but, scores are considered in the admission decision. Scores can be sent to university code 4705. We reserve the right to deny an application as incomplete if GRE scores are not received.A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited program in mechanical engineering or materials science & engineering provides a good background for our graduate programs. Students are routinely admitted with bachelor degrees in other engineering disciplines, mathematics, and the physical sciences but the student may be required to take requisite undergraduate deficiencies.
- Your résumé
- Your statement of purpose (the online application includes a text box for you to type this in. The statement should be limited to no more than 500 words, and should only include your research interests, what research you want to work on while here (if known), and your long-term goals.
- A completed Student Interest Profile form (this form can be downloaded from the online application or from here).
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation (be prepared to enter recommenders name and email address)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (international students only).