Preparing leaders to improve student learning
The Educational Leadership Program at WSU Tri-Cities offers aspiring leaders a variety of graduate education programs appropriate for leaders at every stage of their career — from classroom teachers seeking new leadership roles to practicing administrators seeking professional development.
Programs are designed for working professionals in K-12 education and beyond. Course schedules allow full-time teachers and administrators to complete the Ed.M. degree and/or credential programs in approximately two years. The program delivers the world-class instruction you expect from a major university with small classes and personalized attention only available at an urban campus. Students have the option of taking courses in a variety of instructional formats delivered through the Statewide Educational Leadership Program. All classes are offered on the WSU Tri-Cities campus.
Unique program features include:
- A flexible program that supports students in a diverse, professional learning community
- Full-time faculty who are recognized as leading practitioners and scholars in the field of education
- Small-classes designed to provide personalized instruction and individualized mentoring
- Classes offered at convenient times and in formats that support working professionals
- Courses that can be used toward completion of the Statewide Doctor of Education
A Master’s degree is required for Principal and Program Administrator Certification. Five additional courses (15 semester hours) beyond the certification program and a comprehensive written examination are required for completion of the Master of Education degree (Ed.M.) at WSU.
Requirements vary for the degree and credential programs. Detailed information is available from Helen Berry, 509-372-7394, email@example.com.