To rank in the top 50 programs nationally by providing an experience-enhanced education and conducting groundbreaking interdisciplinary research in civil engineering.
- Educate graduates for professional leadership, civic influence, and lifelong learning.
- Provide an education based on a theoretical, experimental, and ethical foundation and enhanced by opportunities for participation in research, internships, international studies, interdisciplinary programs, or programs in entrepreneurship.
- Conduct research and develop technology to address present and future societal problems.
- Advance the state-of-the-art in areas incorporating technical disciplines from civil engineering.
- Collaborate with researchers from other disciplines to address societal grand challenge problems.
- Serve the community and the profession by participating in activities designed to improve and preserve the body of knowledge in engineering.
- Participate in service that advances engineering education.
- Transfer research results to communities, the nation, and the world to increase economic equity, quality of life, and ecological sustainability.