Earn a Ph.D. in Civil and Environmental Engineering
ApplicationStudents must apply for admission to the Pullman campus. However, by selecting a WSU-Tri-Cities resident faculty member as adviser, a student may complete all the requirements of the program by staying at the Tri-Cities campus. Please contact Helen Berry, by calling 509.372.7394 or sending e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this Ph.D. program.
- A minimum of 72 credit hours distributed as follows (Additional details are given in the Graduate School Policies and Procedures at www.gradsch.wsu.edu):
Graded graduate coursework
Graded Seminar (CE 580)
CE 800 (dissertation)
- Successful completion of a qualifying examination prepared and administered by the student’s advisory committee at the end of the first year.
- Successful completion of a preliminary examination, both written and oral, prepared and administered by the student’s Advisory Committee one semester before final defense.
- A dissertation, approved by the student’s Advisory Committee, based on the research conducted as part of the graduate program.
- A defense of the Dissertation.