Earn a Ph.D. in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- A minimum of 72 credit hours distributed as follows (Additional details are given in the Graduate School Policies and Procedures at www.gradsch.wsu.edu):
Graded graduate coursework
Graded Seminar (CE 580)
CE 800 (dissertation)
- Successful completion of a qualifying examination prepared and administered by the student’s advisory committee at the end of the first year.
- Successful completion of a preliminary examination, both written and oral, prepared and administered by the student’s Advisory Committee one semester before final defense.
- A dissertation, approved by the student’s Advisory Committee, based on the research conducted as part of the graduate program.
- A defense of the Dissertation.