The Carson College of Business helps students develop global competencies and practical expertise in all areas of business, including supply chain management, information age organizations, electronic commerce, assurance services, and strategic cost analysis. The WSU Carson College of Business if fully accredited by the AACSB. The college’s professors are renowned experts in their fields who bring complex topics to life. AACSB Accreditation standards ensure that WSU Tri-Cities offers top-quality education in the field of business through attracting high-quality faculty and staff which allow for global recognition.
To apply for admission to WSU Tri-Cities visit apply.tricity.wsu.edu.
For more information or questions contact a WSU Tri-Cities Admissions Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-372-7250.
Carson College of Business majors available at WSU Tri-Cities include:
Students certified in the Accounting Major prior to Fall 2013 will be grandfathered into the major.
A student must meet all of the following “certification” requirements before being admitted to the Carson College of Business as a business major:
- A student must have earned at least 60 semester hours of credit with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- A student must have taken Engl 101; EconS 101 and 102; Math 201 and 202; Acctg 230 and 231; B Law 210; MgtOp 215; and MIS 250, or equivalent courses at another institution with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or better for the group.
- All business majors must complete ComSt 102 or HD 205 [C]; a Political Science elective (3 hrs); a Sociology or Psychology course [SD] or [S] (3 hrs); Engl 402 [W], and the Carson College of Business International Learning Requirement (6 hrs).
- To graduate with a degree in Business Administration the student must have a minimum cumulative business GPA of 2.5, and a minimum overall GPA of 2.0.
- All business majors must complete a minimum of 60 credits outside the Carson College of Business. Any credits earned for economics courses and for MgtOp 215 (Business Statistics) are counted as outside the CCB for this requirement.
- At least 50% of business core and major specialization course requirements must be taken at WSU
- A minimum of NINE (9) upper division business courses must be taken at WSU.
- Only GENERAL ELECTIVE courses may be taken pass/fail. GER’s, business electives, prerequisites, core courses, and major courses must be graded.
The Carson College of Business (CCB) at Washington State University is a world-class business school with a global focus. One of the primary goals of the CCB is to prepare students to become purposeful, innovative, versatile leaders with the skills and knowledge to succeed in the global marketplace. As part of that goal, the CCB is committed to providing its students and faculty with the opportunity to experience education abroad. In addition to learning about another culture and interacting with students from around the world, study abroad provides a person with a lifetime of memories and experiences that will shape students’ future careers.
Students within the CCB must complete one of the following international learning requirements:
- Study abroad for a minimum of 6 credits
- Major or minor in a foreign language, International Business, or Global Studies
- Certificate with an international component (see advisor for details)
- Complete any TWO of the following:
- Education abroad for 3-5 credits
- International internship of at least 3 credits approved by the International Business Institute (IBUS 498)
- A Carson College of Business international course
- An approved non-business course [G, K, Tier III] with an international component.
- Significant international travel at the collegiate level (must be approved by the Associate Dean).
- Complete a minimum of one year international experience in any of the following areas: military service, Peace Corps, volunteer work with an organization, missionary work, or other approved experience. Documentation is required for approval.
In order to give the WSU business graduate a well-rounded view of the major areas of business, all certified business majors must complete the following core courses: Mgmt 301 (Management and Organization); Fin 325 (Finance); MgtOp 340 (Operations Management); Mktg 360 (Marketing); Mgmt 491 (Business Strategy and Policy) or ENTRP 492 (Small Business Policy).
For questions or program details, contact the undergraduate business advisor
Undergraduate Business Advisor
Last Updated: November 3, 2014