MBA Core Courses
- MGTOP 590: Strategy Formulation & Organizational Design (3 credits)
Catalog Description: Relationship between the formulation of strategy and the selection of effective organizational structures and systems.
- ACCTG 533: Accounting, Performance Measurement and Controls (3 credits)
Catalog Description: Managerial evaluation of budgeting, cost accounting, and financial analysis techniques; their utilization in control of operations.
- FIN 526: Financial Management (3 credits)
Catalog Description: Advanced topics in corporate finance, including capital budgeting, cost of capital, capital structure, payout policy, and enterprise valuation.
- MKTG 506: Marketing Strategy (3 Credits)
Catalog Description: Marketing analyses needed to recommend and implement a marketing strategy. Includes coverage of industry, competitor, and customer analysis as well as decision factors related to segmentation, positioning, and the marketing mix.
- MGTOP 593: Managerial Leadership and Productivity (3 credits)
Catalog Description: Organizational behavior and human motivation in the workplace; organization and leadership theories, studies, projects and models leading to improved productivity.
- BA 514: Business Analytics: Transforming Data into Decisions (3 credits)
Catalog Description: Advanced decision-making concepts for utilizing relevant datasets to focus on data-driven problem-solving techniques and formulating decision analyses to evaluate and recommend management action.
- BA 579: MBA Assessment Capstone (3 credits) (May be repeated for maximum 9 credits) Prerequisites: Admission to the MBA program (and permission of MBA director). Catalog Description: Analyze, evaluate and recommend management actions for a specific strategic project (in an existing organization or new venture business plan). Project completion will demonstrate the student’s ability to conduct data-driven analyses and apply leadership concepts to recommend and justify management actions that serve all relevant stakeholders (ethical, global, and societal).
- BA 702: Master’s Special Problems (2 credits) (May be repeated for maximum 18 credits) Course Prerequisite: Admission to the MBA program. Independent research in special problems, directed study, and/or examination credit for students in a non-thesis master’s degree program. Students must have graduate degree-seeking status and should check with their major advisor/committee chair before enrolling for 702 credits. [S, F grading]
MBA Electives — Technology Management
- MIS 580: Information System Management (3 credits)
Data processing organization; operations, application development, computer selection, management of computer personnel and systems.
- MgtOp 581: Operations Management (3 credits)
Analytical approach to solving problems in production and operations management.
- MgtOp 589: Seminar in Management: Six Sigma (3 credits)
Special topics in management, organization behavior, organization theory, human resource management and strategic management.